What's a BioBlitz?
It’s a race against the clock to discover as much wildlife as possible. BioBlitzes normally last for 24 hours and include the local community, natural history groups and wildlife experts all working together to record plants, animals and fungi. It’s great fun! We have various groups and events through the week, ending with free public events at the weekend:
Places are restricted on activities, please call Sara on 07815 857 309 to book
Please bring suitable outdoor clothing, food and a flask.
Saturday 26 May evening
- 8:00pm - 9:30pm Moths and Mice Walk to look at evening moths and small mammals. Find out about the work of Shropshire Mammal Group and Butterfly Conservation.
- 9:30pm - 10:30pm Bats Four bat experts lead a walk listening and looking for resident bats.
Sunday 27 May Morning
- 10:00am - 11:00am Small mammals Guided walk around the farm as Shropshire Mammal Group discovers the farm’s night-time mammal visitors.
- 11:30am - 12:30pm Moths Guided walk to see the moths caught in their humane traps overnight.
- iSpot - your place to share nature
- OPAL - explore nature
- BioBlitz page - British Natural History Consortium